FurnitureCleaning

Using Scotch Guard on Linen Sofa Upholstery

Can I spray a Scotch Guard product on my linen fabric that covers my sofa? Fabric care instructions say to dry clean, but obviously there are areas (like the arms of the sofa) that can't be sent to dry cleaners.

Thank you for your feed back.

It will probably leave a water mark. Try it on a scrap of fabric if you have it or in an inconspicuous spot first.

Interestingly, their website says table linens, but not LINEN as a fabric...www.scotchgard.com/.../

They have a customer service line www.scotchgard.com/.../

Can't hurt to go right to them to ask.

Even if they give the OK, I would try it on a place no one would see if for some reason it caused an issue.

We just had a disappointing experience with Scotch Guard on our (light color) couch, where a slobbered on dog cookie sat before I noticed it and it stained the couch. I have been meaning to call them to see what their solution is for that one....just haven't had a chance.