Using a NutriBullet?

Category Kitchen Tools
Some say that liquifying fresh foods can make the nutrients easier for your body to absorb. This page is about using a NutriBullet.

I am 68 and get out very little so I do alot of shopping at one time. I just bought the NutriBullet and would like to spend a few hours and make enough drinks for a week and then freeze them. This way my fruits and vegetables won't go bad on me. Can this be done without losing all the nutrients?

By Linda

Answers

Best Answer

The fruits lose nutrients quickly when broken down like this and separate when thawed. The color also changes, so it doesn't look as appealing and sometimes the flavor changes slightly. What I do is get the fruit when it's cheap, cut it in chunks and freeze the fruit.

When in chunks, it doesn't lose as many nutrients and keeps its color and flavor. Once frozen, just throw it in a gallon ziplock bag. It's really easy to use as much in a smoothie as you need. Plus, you won't need any ice.

To peel or not to peel? That is the question. Which items must be peeled before adding to NutriBullet? Which items do not need to be peeled before adding to NutriBullet?

By Wanda

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsMarch 26, 2013
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-a-NutriBullet.html