Using an Old Upright Freezer for Storage

I have a lot baking pans and supplies. Can I store my pan and supplies in my freezer?

Unplugged and it must be totally clean and dry and you can.

Any moisture will cause your things to rust or mildew.

I also suggest having a safety put on it so kids can't get in it and play. That can be dangerous (if you have any little kids around that is). We always had locks on our upright freezer growing up because it was next to the play room and you never knew what boys would do when playing...let's hide in the freezer (NOT safe) so my folks kept it locked from the outside with a special latch my dad rigged).

Make sure the pans are freezer safe. Not all of them are.

When in doubt, check the bottom. Freezer, microwave, and dishwasher safe items are usually labeled as such.

If by supplies you mean cooking utensils, there's not really any harm in storing them in the freezer. Just be sure to clean it out well and ensure it stays off. I would however, find someone potentially interested in purchasing the freezer if you don't use it to exchange for a more suitable form of storage.

You have to be very careful with this piece! The freezer would do better off,and locked.Before storing it would need to be moisture free!

If you want to store them in an old freezer this one can be dangerous if you do not prepare the freezer correctly. You will either need to install a lock on the door so nobody can climb in the freezer and get stuck in there.

Now prepare the freezer for storage because it needs to be kept dry so nothing rusts. You can line this with some shelf paper or anything type of paper like this that will absorb water and keep the inside of the freezer dry.

Your question is unclear (to me) as to whether you wish to store your baking pans and supplies in a working freezer (frozen) or if you are talking about repurposing an upright freezer (unplugged) for storing these items.

If freezing is your question then aluminum pans and freezer safe glass (tempered) should present no problem (defrosting before use probably safe) and supplies (?) would be safe if tightly sealed before freezing.

If an unused/unplugged upright freezer is what you are thinking about then I believe the safest (and most convenient?) way to use this would be to completely remove the door and use it as an open pantry/storage.

I have seen this done and the sliding shelves worked very well in this capacity.
If you need the door covered in some manner then you could think about using a thick/thin curtain or even a shower curtain.
An elastic band or even bungee cords could be used to hold the covering in place.
Of course, I'm assuming this would be located in your house, garage or safe storage area and not outside exposed to the elements.

If it has a latch and could be a danger to kids, be sure to take care of that before anything. Seems like they stopped making those 40-50 years ago and the top or door can be opened by pushing from the inside.

Keep a box of baking soda in it to keep it smelling fresh.

🎂
📓
🌻