VHS Tape Candy Bouquet

I had a lot of VHS tapes laying around and decided that they would make a great vase for an 80's (and 90's) themed candy bouquet!

1. Glue the VHS tapes together as shown below. Apply glue to both edges that you are glueing together, allow glue to sit for 2 minutes before pressing the edges together. Once all 4 sides are glued in place, allow glue to dry for 24-72 hours.
  2. Insert floral foam into the "vase" and mark where to trim it so that it sits just below the top edge. Use a sharp knife to cut off the excess foam, then insert the foam into the vase to test fit it. Note: I chose to leave the wrapper on the foam to help contain the foam dust that seems to get on everything.
  3. Here are the candies I chose that best represented our childhood (80's and 90's):

• Hot Tamales
    • Nerds
    • Pop Rocks
    • Smarties
    • Laffy Taffy
    • Starbursts
    • Snickers
    • Reese's
    • Twix
    • Skittles
    • Zotz
  4. Attach the candies to the skewers using hot glue.
  5. If the candy has a flap on the back, I found that it was best to adhere the skewer under the flap, as shown below.
  6. For heavier candy, I attached 2 skewers for added strength.
  7. Lay out tissue paper and bring it up around the floral foam block, then reinsert it into the vase.
  8. Insert the candies into the foam, starting with the largest items at the back. Use smaller candies to fill in gaps.
  9. Create a bow using wire edged ribbon. Wrap a length of the ribbon around the vase, securing it with a piece of wire. Then attach the bow to it. Here are instructions if you need them: Making a Wire Edged Ribbon Bow
  10. Cut small squares of tissue and stuff them into open spots to hide the skewers. I chose a contrasting color. Enjoy!