Value of 1948 Era World Book Encyclopedia Set

Does anyone know please the approximate value of 1948 era The World Book Encyclopedia set in decent condition? I believe one volume is missing.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Only a few years/sets of any brand of encyclopedias are valuable and most of those are newer sets. Older sets are many times even difficult to give away because they are difficult for even thrift stores to sell.

• A "set" with one book missing is even less valuable but some sellers do list them by single books for $8-$15. Most never sell.
  • There is no era - only a last publishing date for the set.
  • Here are all of the encyclopedias listed on eBay (world Book) and Etsy (all brands). You can go through and see how they are listed and selling (this is all brands - not just World Book).
  • Advertisement

• www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_nkw=encyclopedia+world+book...
  • www.etsy.com/.../encyclopedia_set
  • Here is a set of 1948 World Book that sold in 2016.
  • www.ebth.com/.../4743996-1948-the-world-book-encyclopedia...
  • You might try listing your set on Craigslist so there would be no shipping costs.
  • You can ask whatever price you wish and just reduce the price if no one shows an interest.

Hello,

I am deeply grateful to you for taking the time and energy required to send me such a detailed response to my question regarding the possible value of my 1948 era World Book Encylopedia set. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Laura

The only encyclopedias that have value are complete sets that are over 100 years old. Your set doesnt satisfy either criteria.

Thank you so much, Judy, for taking the time required to make such a helpful comment regarding my 1948 era World Book Encylopedia set! -Laura

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksMarch 19, 2018
😷
👔
🌻
👒
🐛