DollsCollectibles

Value of Porcelain Dolls and Figurines

I have a vast collection of antique and vintage porcelain dolls and figurines. I was wondering about the current value of antique Dresden Lace figurines. Also a question regarding maker's marks. The maker's marks mostly entail just numbers and letters, except for the German pieces and the ones I am already familiar with. My question is how to find out the maker through a set of numbers?

Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

These figurines can be worth several hundred dollars. One of your figures says 23/110.

That means it is the 23rd out of a lot of 110. I would take them to an antique dealer for a free appraisal.

Since you have a lot of dolls it will take some time and research to find out about each one.

• I really doubt that you would be able to get a free appraisal from an antique dealer unless they thought you were going to sell them.
  • After all, they are in business to make money and probably took many years to acquire their knowledge so don't expect too much for free but they might give you a reasonable price if appraising all of them ($100 maybe). But then they may have only limited knowledge about some of the dolls.
  • You may have already found this site but it is very helpful with marks, numbers and symbols.
  • dollreference.com/doll_marks.html
  • You may be able to get some help from their site but please - only ask about one doll at a time or you may not receive very much help.
  • Ad

• www.tapatalk.com/.../
  • Here is a site with companies that offer "free" appraisals but be sure to check them out yourself.
  • You can only ask about one doll at a time and you will need good pictures as well as measurements and any other information you have.
  • www.whatsellsbest.com/.../all.html