Console StereosCollectibles

Value of Sylvania Console Stereo System

I was cleaning out my barn and came across this floor model record player. I tried to look up the model number on the back, but couldn't find it. Does anyone know what this would be worth and how I can go about selling it?

Neat find!! Unfortunately this is one of the least popular in today's resale world and I have seen them sit unsold for months or sell as low as $10-$20. So sad!

Now I can tell you the parts sell and if you are handy and if you can take it all apart and show that the pieces work, it is worth way more for parts than it is as a whole.

Put Sylvania turntable parts into eBay search and on any given day the SOLD prices will give you today's current market value. This is the case because people that do love them, hold on to them and want original parts (vs after market) to fix theirs.

If you are just going to sell it your best best would be to find a vintage shop that will take it, have them sell it for you on consignment (if they will even take it--some don't) or if they buy outright, go that route.

You could always put it on Facebook Marketplace (your local Sale Want Trade groups are best). The challenge with that is people will be traipsing through your house to look at it.

If you sell at a flea market or yard sale, take it and have it running if you can and see if you can sell it that way.

Post back what you decide. Please note the prices are regional, and there are still some places where there is a demand and you can fetch a little more. Where I am in Pittsburgh, you can't give them away. The value I gave you is a national average.

I have seen working models in consoles like this ask in the $225 range on eBay.

Only a few brands will sell for very much and even when sold, we have no idea how long they have been listed for sale but most important, these will be 'local pick up only' and that means one may sell in one city but has be hauled to the dump in another.

You can always list it on several local site such as Craigslist, Nextdoor.com, LetGo, OfferUp and see if it will sell in your area.
You will have to know what is working and not working - give a good description, have several good pictures, show measurements, and have it in an area that you do not mind strangers coming in to see it.

With these sites you can start your price at whatever you desire and lower it if no one shows and interest.
May be some trouble but that is about the only way to sell this type of console.
There is not a lot of history available about the dates these were made but the popular ones were made in the 60's and this one does not appear to be in the decade.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Console StereosAugust 8, 2019
🌻
🐛
📓
😎