MiscellaneousCollectibles

Value of Vintage Porcelain Nativity Set

Category Miscellaneous

I have a Brinn's porcelain nativity set that I purchased in the late seventies. How much is it worth? It is in perfect condition.

By Charlene W.

This is not quite the best time of year to determine value. I say that because value in today's market is only what people will actually PAY for an item, vs. what a book says or people ask for it online.

At the moment, there are three unsold Brinn nativities. Since there is not a photo, I can't do an exact match to your set...but you should be able to follow this link to look at them and match yours apples to apples (exact matching is important to the process as there may be a similar one of huge value or lesser value and you want to know YOUR piece's value...not a like one):

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570...

In a few weeks (Christmas in July), you may start seeing SOLD auctions...which is the only way to help you put a value on your set.

I recommend doing regular searches for your exact set as a current auction and set up an eBay watch so you can see if it sells, how long it took and the price someone paid for it. That will give you an idea of current market value.

I know there were a lot of these produced and they were very popular, so it also becomes a supply and demand issue if the supply exceeds the demand it drives the price down.

The very best time to determine value will be October/November as people are starting to access their holiday decorating needs...but the July look can get you started.

Hope this gets you a good start to figure out the value.

This one sold for $64.79. m.bonanza.com/.../327093300