Finding the Value of Brinn Porcelain Dolls?

These popular dolls were mass produced in the 70s and 80s but few have retained much value. This is a page about finding the value of Brinn porcelain dolls.

I have Colorado Belle doll from Brinn's and was wondering if it's worth anything?

Answers

Best Answer

I did not find your doll but as a general rule Brinn's dolls have very low value. Most dolls sell for under $25 dollars and most often they sell for less than $10. Dolls like this are so highly mass produced that no doll has any true value.

I just received a Brinn Collectible Edition doll. The certificate of authenticity says it is from 1986. I have uploaded a picture of her. I would be grateful for any info you can give me.
Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

Many Brinn dolls on EBay from $5 to $30+. If you think your doll is worth more, you can take it to doll collector or check this site:

An easy online search for "porcelain doll values" will produce many answers. Keep in mind that just because a doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands and very often include the rather misleading term limited edition in their names. A doll's condition is extremely important in considering value-the best doll prices are paid for dolls literally never removed from their boxes. You can find prices for some dolls on EBay and try online for further research. This site is a good place to start:

collectdolls.about.com/.../blgallp.htm

Best Answer

The most expensive one I saw on eBay was $20.

Is this worth anything?

Answers

Best Answer

These dolls have a very low resale value and it is very hard to sell them. I have seen them going for as low as $1 and as high as $25.

On average you should get around $5 to $15 for this doll. Reason being the dolls are mass-produced and the company normally makes between 1000 to 2000 of the same doll.

Best Answer

Cute gal!! Most Brinn dolls are not selling in any venue, which is quite sad.

The few I have seen sell, have consistently sold in the 4.99 to 9.99 range + shipping.

If she were mine, I would either try to sell her in a local venue so there is no shipping, or I would hold on to her for another 10-15 years or so until the doll market comes back.

The doll market is at an all time low with a supply probably at 20-30 times what the demand is. Sadly, that has driven selling prices (values) down to the subfloor.

Thanks for sharing! I so wish I had better news for you.

I have a Brinn's porcelain nativity set that I purchased in the late seventies. How much is it worth? It is in perfect condition.

By Charlene W.

Answers

Best Answer

This is not quite the best time of year to determine value. I say that because value in today's market is only what people will actually PAY for an item, vs. what a book says or people ask for it online.

At the moment, there are three unsold Brinn nativities. Since there is not a photo, I can't do an exact match to your set...but you should be able to follow this link to look at them and match yours apples to apples (exact matching is important to the process as there may be a similar one of huge value or lesser value and you want to know YOUR piece's value...not a like one):

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313...

In a few weeks (Christmas in July), you may start seeing SOLD auctions...which is the only way to help you put a value on your set.

I recommend doing regular searches for your exact set as a current auction and set up an eBay watch so you can see if it sells, how long it took and the price someone paid for it. That will give you an idea of current market value.

I know there were a lot of these produced and they were very popular, so it also becomes a supply and demand issue if the supply exceeds the demand it drives the price down.

The very best time to determine value will be October/November as people are starting to access their holiday decorating needs...but the July look can get you started.

Hope this gets you a good start to figure out the value.

Best Answer

This one sold for $64.79. m.bonanza.com/.../327093300

My daughter was recently given a Brinn wedding doll named Aileen. I believe she was made in 1986, and want to know if anyone knows how much she is worth now.

By Bethany J.

Answers

Best Answer

When I first retired in mid-85's, I got hooked on the doll collections sold on hsn.com. I bought several Brinn, Heritage, etc., and don't expect them to have become more valuable.

So now I am taking these dolls, crocheting neat clothes for them, and hopefully for those doll lovers (not necessarily collectors) they may want to buy them from me.

I have 12 calendar dolls from 1987. All are in perfect condition and I have all the boxes and paperwork. What is the value for this collection?

Answers

They are asking between $5 and $25 each on eBay. www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_sacat=36549&_from=R40&_trksid...

I have a Brinn collectible edition porcelain doll. Her name is Missy. I am trying to figure out how much she is worth. She's from 1986.

Answers

Brinn has multiple gals named Missy and I am not seeing yours sold or listed lately, which is not unusual. Often times sellers don't even know the doll's names and just list them by size and color.

Sadly all dolls are not selling for much at the moment. Brinn dolls are expecially low on the sales at this time with some selling for as low as 99 cents and up to $10.00.

I am guessing your gal would sell in this range. She would fetch a little more if she had her box and all paperwork. A little less if she is as is, out of the box and has any flaws.

She is very sweet!! Post back how your sale goes! With shipping (if you are in the US) you are better off to sell her in a local venue and wait until a little closer to Christmas to post the sale.

Blessings! Thanks for sharing!

The dolls I am seeing on eBay are asking $10 and less. www.ebay.com/.../bn_7023286327

This doll normally sells for 10 to 20 dollars. They are mass-produced and the reasale value is very low.

I have a Brinn's babydoll with the certificate. Her name is Kara, color white, item # 2NCK-567. It has never been taken out of the plastic, except to take photos. The hands and feet are still wrapped. The box is in excellent condition. Does anyone have any idea of what someone might pay for it?

Answers

Aww! So sweet! The Brinn christening dolls are listing on line for around 9.99 but most are sitting unsold.

Part of the challenge is a glut of dolls on the market. The other part is the USPS changed their mailing protocols and now with the new dimensional mailing the cost to mail a doll cross country is often more than the price of the doll.

That has caused the market (which was already bad) to be even worse.

Perhaps if you hold on to her, she will retain value in 10+ years,

Practically all the ones on eBay are asking $20 and less. www.ebay.com/.../bn_7023286327

There are a lot of dolls being sold on eBay at the moment and I do see a few of yours listed. Unfortunately, they are not being sold for a lot of money. The normal asking price is $10 to $20 for the doll.

I have a Brinn collectable edition doll, Ashley. She is wearing a blue floral dress. I'm wondering what the value is. I have attached some pictures to help.

Thank you!

I have 12 Brinn Calendar Clown Collection Dolls. I am just trying to see if they are worth anything or even worth the time to sell. They are from 1986. I have all 12 for the year, each month, without original boxes, but in excellent condition. They are cute dolls, not sure whether to keep or sell.

Answers

They are selling for less than $10 each on eBay. Perhaps since you have a complete set you can get a little more.

They are all over the board in value. This depends on condition and having the box, which you mentioned you do not have.

I am linking the sold auctions to help you decide:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=brinn+calendar...

Selling depends on if you need a little extra pocket cash (probably between $25 and $50 for all) or if you want to enjoy them.

Just some food for thought...people often want to finish an existing collection vs. starting a new one, so if you are going to sell, you may want to piece them out. It is more work, but may help you move them faster.

You could hold on to them and maybe in a few years they will be worth more!

Thanks for sharing!

I am curious as to how much this porcelain doll is worth. It is a part of Brinn's 1991 authetic collectible edition. It is fully porcelain (minus the torso). And it is probably about 20 inches form head to toes.

By RP

I have a 1989 #619 of 12,000, Adelaide doll. It is new in the box, in the wrapping and unopened. I am looking for present value.

By RLB

🐛
🌻
😷
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Brinn-Porcelain-Dolls.html