Value of a Bassett Coffee Table?

I bought this at a garage sale. I am just wondering if anyone can give me any information, such as the year it was made and if it has any value.

Thank you.

Best Answer

I used to have a source to understand the Bassett numbers, but can't lay my hands on it. The company is still in business www.bassettfurniture.com/.../index.asp

Maybe they can offer you the translation guide. I am not sure they are open with the virus situation. Their live chat wasn't working when I tried to ask them. Maybe you will have better luck.

Just eyeballing it, I am thinking it is from the 1950s, maybe early 1960s. It looks like a crossbow base, mid century modern lines.

The values are quite regional...some places they can sell as high as $300, some places as low as $25.

When the world dust settles, I suggest asking around to a few vintage stores in your town how much one would retail for in their shops if you wanted to buy one. Then you can take 1/4 to 1/2 off retail to figure out what you (as a non-store) would get for it in the resale market.

Bassett is a great brand and built sturdy pieces...there are just a lot of pieces in the marketplace. The values will go up if you are in a high demand, low supply area, vs. if you are in a high supply , low demand town.

Thanks for sharing your fun piece!!

I would need to know how old it is.I do not think they are very old.Prices on websites range from 100.00 dollars up to a 1000.00 dollars brand new.

The person when they purchased the table probably paid around 100 to 150 dollars for the table. There are some tables listed on the site that are very similar to yours.

I would say this table is more than likely a few years old it is less than 20 from the looks of it.

Anonymous

The person I bought it from said it was his grandmothers and she had it as long as he can remember.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureMarch 23, 2020
🌻
📓
🐛
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-Bassett-Coffee-Table.html