Vintage FurnitureFurniture

Value of a Mersman Coffee Table

I have a Mersman 72 43 coffee table and I can not find it online. Can you give me some information on this and it's value?

This is a larger and more unusual piece. From what I have seen, I think it is worth in the $200 range.

The Mersman numbering is the wonkiest I have ever seen so the numbers don't tell you much.

From the looks, I would say it is a mid 1970s piece. Sturdy and very functional. These pieces were built to last and they did!

It depends on where you are, how much you can fetch for it. Where I am, it is considered plain old "brown" furniture and has almost no value (I would be lucky to get $25 for it in Pittsburgh). In other parts of the country, they can sell between $100 and $250.

It is all about supply and demand. Where I am there is a huge supply, no demand, so low values.

If you are in a low supply, high demand area you could fetch on the high end.

You would be best served by calling around to a few local vintage furniture dealers in your town and asking about them consigning it or buying it outright. This way you will be up on the values in your area.

Post back what city you are in and what you learn!

Thanks for sharing!!