Console StereosCollectibles

Value of a Philco Console Stereo System

I have a Philco console stereo record player and radio, model #h332alk. Everything works, but the speakers aren't very loud.

From what I have seen on eBay, similar systems are asking in the $225 dollar range.

These are so cool! Bring back lots of good memories! I have heard there is going to be a resurgence of interest in these...and am trying to find the article that I read about it and can't lay my hands on it.

That said, at the moment most of them are sitting unsold in most of the US at prices as low as $60. Sadly I often see them sitting by the curb on trash day :(

You do have some options if you are trying to sell. If you are very handy, there is a market for the parts (like working motors, record player arms and such). If you look at eBay and put Philco turntable or record player parts in the search bar and look at sold items, on almost any given day you will see the parts selling.

There are people who love these pieces, have their own and keep them going by buying working used parts from the internet.

The cabinets are the hardest part of the sale. There are some artists who like them to turn into things, but they usually want to pay next to nothing so they can paint, flip, and make a profit.

Post back with an update!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Console StereosAugust 6, 2019
📓
🌻
😎
🐛