Value of a RCA Console Stereo?

This is a RCA model VST 320S, 1974, Serial 31281 0659. We are looking for a price it would sell for today.

Best Answer

The price people as on eBay vary between $249 to $399. Just keep in mind if you are selling online you must include the cost of shipping for this item. Items this size and weight will cost a great deal of money to ship to the buyer. Therefore, I would recommend selling this in your area. Also keep in mind the prices in your area are different than the prices I have listed for eBay.

Best Answer

Thanks for asking! There are a huge number of variables with the two biggest being does it all work and where are you located.

Other variables are the condition of the case, does it have any smells, are you including the 8 tracks, is it all original (no repairs/no replacement parts).

The market for resale for these systems is for the working audio pieces (not the item as a whole).

What handy sellers do is test to make sure each piece works, then take it apart and sell it off for parts. That is where the money is in today's market because people want the original parts to keep their own pieces going. Very few people want to buy these as a whole.

In small towns I have seen these sell for as low as $1.00. In bigger cities where there is a glut of them (like where I am), they sell for $10.00 to $25.00. I also see a lot of them by the curb on trash night, which makes me very sad. If you are in a market where these are scarce, you could fetch more for it. These are truly a supply and demand sale and you hope for low supply, high demand to fetch the most money.

I see 8 tracks in the photo and some of those have value (check those out on eBay's sold section). They can ship media mail and I have made some nice money selling those over the years (depending on titles). Right now the Beatles, the Monkees, and Billy Idol are hot sellers for 8 tracks. Check out the sold values for those!!

If you have a bunch with low value, list them as one bulk lot in a 7 day auction starting at the lowest you would want to get (maybe 9.99) and the market will dictate the final price.

Post back how your sales go!!

These have an asking price of $225 or thereabouts on eBay.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Console StereosNovember 6, 2019
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-RCA-Console-Stereo.html