ArtCollectibles

Value of a Signed Elizabeth Ritter Frog Figurine

Can anyone tell me if this has any value please?

There is an artist by this name who mostly did or does horse sculptures. The signature looks similar www.ebay.com/.../173684282088?hash=item287063d2e8...

But that is also a common name and it could have been a private person's project.

There is nothing similar on eBay or online so valuing it will be a challenge.

If it is the horse sculptor, this website has what appears to be her contact info. If it is still current, pehaps she could validate if it is or is not hers and maybe, if it is, she would offer to buy it. www.sculptor.org/.../

Post back what you learn! This has me so curious as we have several professional clay artists in our extended family and friend circle and I am always interested in learning more about artists unusual works!!

I would follow Etsy and eBay for a few weeks and see if it comes up. See if it sells, and for what price it sells for.

You can also take it to a dealer for a free verbal appraisal.

This sculptor is not very well known as far as the general public goes so it may be very difficult to find a piece listed for sale.
It appears from what information found on the Internet that she only did horse sculptures but then only someone with art knowledge would know how to check this out.

• There was one piece sold (maybe) on Worth Point in 2014 but you have to be a member to find out information on the sale. You should read the description as it has information on the sculptor.
  • www.worthpoint.com/.../wonderful-whimsical-horse-sculpture...
  • Elizabeth Ritter no longer has her web site (it is for sale) so I do not believe there is a way to contact her but?
  • Ad

• This may be as Pghgirl noted and could be a private person but it looks like it is well done so that remains a question also.
  • If you are really interested in finding out if it has value you may wish to have it appraised. I have never been able to find an individual who would give me a "free" on site appraisal or at least one that had any credence.
  • There are some online appraisal sites - some are free and some charge varying amounts. You can check some of these if you are interested.
  • www.whatsellsbest.com/.../art.html
  • I have always found Barneby's to be an excellent site but they charge $17.
  • www.barnebys.com/.../
  • I do not believe you will be able authenticate this piece except through an authority on this type of art.
  • A free appraisal may be all you need to be able to place a value on your sculpture.