Value of a Tilt Top and Tiered Table

I would like to sell these tables, but I don't know the value of them. I need some help.

Some of these tables are worth a lot of money.Here is a site for you to search for your table.www.1stdibs.com/.../Also search E-BAY for more information.

The numbers on the back of the table normally deal with the site the table came from. Without a name it makes it even harder to identify which company actually made this table. The wood of the table plays an important role in determining the price and so does your location. The top of one table is in very poor condition so this will make it even harder to sell and will lower the price of this item.

If the wood is Mahogany then the value is a bit more. Tables like this in excellent condition can bring in a handsome price. People are asking between $2000 to $3000 for these tables. Your table does not fit this category and will bring in a very low price. You can start off asking around $200 and list condition as it and see if anyone is interested. Other than this sell the tables locally and avoid the shipping cost.

This is called a Dumbwaiter Table- highly collectable , they range from $200 to up in the $1000's depending on the age, type of wood, and maker! A vintage furniture dealer could maybe value it!

Unfortunately the photos are not enough to give me enough info to give you the most accurate values. There are so many variables like the type of feet, the tilt mechanism, and condition that are going to play into value.

Also, do you know their approximate age...there are repros of these style of pieces so it is helpful to know if they are truly old or if there is a chance that they could have come from Home Goods made last week or even Bombay furniture made in the 1980s, vs. an early 1920s-1940s piece. These factors all contribute to value.

The little I can see on the tilt table is it appears to have some condition issues so that is going to affect what you can ask for it in any market whether it is new or old it will drive the final price down.

The two tier table I can't make out any of the features so I can't gauge condition or age at all.

I can offer some general info for you until I can see better photos--of the pieces full on, the undersides, and the feet close up for example. Also, one more question, where are you located? That will be helpful to know because furniture sales are regional.

General info...Furniture sales are supply and demand based. If you are in a high supply, low demand area the values are driven down. Low supply, high demand increases prices.

Condition is everything so even a small amount of damage can lower prices significantly unless the item is so rare that a collector must have it.

Where I am both types of tables (if they are truly older pieces) are plentiful, so condition would be a huge factor since I would be competing against pristine pieces in the market.

Age is not necessarily going to make it more valuable...there are some newer pieces that people want....which is why knowing its history is important.

Last thing is not matter what the value, right now is not the time to try to sell them. People are in desperate times right now in most parts of the world and money is very tight and people are in lock down and self preservation mode. Even someone who would desperately love to have this piece may not be able to buy it because they have no money or are on lock down.

Now is the time to gather info and set values and hold the piece to sell when the world settles.

Post back with more info and hopefully I can guide you in the right direction! Stay safe out there!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureMarch 19, 2020
🐛
😷
👒
🐰
🌻