Value of a Vintage Davenport Couch

This Davenport couch was bought at auction in 1946. We still have the original receipt! We have no idea what its worth, but are looking to sell. Any thoughts? Thank you!

I'm seeing similar ones go for over $1,500. I'm in love with yours! I wish I could buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A similar age Davenport couch is going on Etsy for $1800. www.etsy.com/.../1940s-vintage-sofa-couch-davenport...

I would do a search on "Google" and also on eBay to find out what the going price is.

I believe you have your sofa description listed incorrectly as a Davenport is pretty much a "regular" style couch/sofa.

• Davenport was really a company and they produced what was later called couch/sofa. (Not that that is so important.)
  • I believe your "sofa" is really a Duncan Phyfe style such as shown here.
  • www.ebay.com/.../duncan-phyfe-sofa
  • I do not believe anyone on this site can really give you any idea as to the true value of your sofa as you say it was purchased at auction in 1946 so one knows the actual manufactured date to put on this piece.
  • Ad

• Here is a similar sofa presently listed on eBay but it has been reupholstered which decreases the value. Most heavy furniture listed on eBay by individuals will be for "pick up only" as shipping would be several hundred dollars. This just means that it is being listed for that person's area only.
  • In reality, if someone really wants a sofa like yours, they will pay the freight to have it delivered.
  • www.ebay.com/.../202253622944?hash=item2f17415ea0...
  • If your piece is in as good a condition as it appears (everything still original?) then it could be worth several thousand dollars.
  • If you have an antique dealer in your area you might want to seek an appraisal (but do not sell until you know more). Seeing it first hand could be beneficial as they may be able to put a name and year to your piece.
  • There are some on-line sites that offer "free" appraisals so it would not hurt to check those out also. Here are a couple of links to check.
  • Ad

• dealers.antiquesnavigator.com/.../
  • antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online
  • I believe that it would be worth the money to have your sofa appraised by Barnebys. The cost is $17 but you may get a lot more information and most likely the most accurate.
  • www.barnebys.com/.../

Maybe you could post a comment and update your post after you receive some information from a reliable place.
Good luck - I think you have a winner!!

Thank you for the responses and info. I think ill Have it appraised properly and go from there. Looking to sell it.

Good luck - I hope it is worth a huge sum!!