Vintage FurnitureFurniture

Value of a Vintage Rattan Backed Couch

I was wondering about the value of this rattan backed couch. I believe it is from the early 1960s. I'm not sure, but would love to find out the history and value.

Do you know who manufactured it? Look under and behind it for identifying marks.

I will do that this eviening when i get home Thank you

Just curious? Are you in Australia? This looks like an sofa I saw a while back when researching something else that was an Australian piece.

This is a very classic mid century modern style piece you have! It could be from the mid 50s through the very early 70s--leaning to mid 60s as you are.

It is looks very sturdy. It most likely will not have any marks as they used to tag this type of furniture with paper stickers that fell off right away.

Depending on where you are located, this piece could fetch between $25 dollars up to the thousands. Why the huge range? A few reasons. First is it depends on condition. Yours looks nice, but someone would need to sit on it and test for noises/creaks/shakes etc. Also the cushions need to be totally intact and sturdy.

Then, MCM (mid century modern) is hot but is starting to wane. In some places (like Florida and other beach areas, this piece could fetch a lot of money. In places like Central US where it is not exactly beachy or hip on trends, it would fetch much, much less.

I suggest finding a good furniture reseller in your town and getting them to help you figure out the value where you are. They may recognize the brand (the arms look so familiar and I am having trouble figuring out why...I need to think on that one).

Post back what you learn and how your sale goes!! This is such a fun piece! i hope you are in a place where it will fetch big bucks for someone's retro style beach house!

thank you and i will let you know. im in ohio but moving back to florida!! Sounds like i should take it florida with me

Thanks again

Call a few vintage shops where you are moving and ask for the sell pieces like this and what value the get for them. That can help you decide if you want to move it and sell there. I can see it in a Fla home! Post back what they say! I love it!