Value of a Vintage Seeburg Jukebox?

I have a 1962 Seeburg Select-O-Magic DS100H. It is in very poor condition and non-working; it has 45 rpm records still inside. Any idea of its value? I am listing to sell. My stepdad owned it and ran a bar in Texas for 40 years, which has now been sold. I am cleaning out storage.

Thank you for any help.

There is one that sold 2/20/2019 for $850.00 online!

Anonymous

Thank you!!

This one sold for $850 and it was working. I would deduct $250 off that price for yours.

You should start off by asking $500 for this item and go down from there. A one is good working condition was sold for $850.

In many places this is a desirable Juke, but the desire comes in pristine condition and fully working. Finding someone (a regular person) local to buy this broken is going to be a challenge. It could take months to find the right person at any price.

What I can tell you is people who have these, love them and want to keep them going..and to do so, they want original parts when theirs breaks.

Are you handy and can test the parts to see which work and which don't? I can honestly tell you your value is in those parts...not the whole. Especially if this is a bar piece that has been in storage and probably has a combination of storage and old smoke smell.

If you put Seeburg parts into eBay's search and select sold, you can see that there is money in that brokenness!

So if you can take it apart and test each part AND are an experienced seller, your most bang for the buck is to sell those parts on eBay yourself.

If you are not handy and not an experienced seller and want a one and done sale, I suggest trying to find a place in your town that resells amusement items like jukes and video games and pitch it to them for the parts and the records.

Knowing that pristine ones sell for anywhere from $700 to $1000, you can expect them to offer maybe 50 to 100 dollars. That would be fair since they will do all the work. Always negotiate up, but don't be surprised if they stand firm on a low price.

Post back with an update on what you decide!

Thanks so much!!!

Consumer Advice Collectibles JukeboxesNovember 13, 2019
🍀
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-Vintage-Seeburg-Jukebox.html