CollectiblesConsumer Advice

Value of a Vintage Stereo and Radio Console

I can't seem to find any information on it. It's a dual 1015 record player in excellent condition and functioning and a Sylvania GTE AM FM radio. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

You did not ask for value - only information - (although value is always good) - so maybe you intend to keep this yourself?

• Very few of this type console is listed at on-line auctions as they are almost impossible to ship and that means anyone really interested would live in your area and be able to pick up the console.
  • Research is slow and time consuming but you could do some everyday and pick up pieces of information until you have a better picture of this unit.
  • I have found that it was made in 1966 and is probably in what is called the "Maestro Collection".
  • I will list a few sites that you may be able to contact someone and ask questions. Most of these sites will be collectors but those are the ones with all the knowledge.
  • Ad

• antiqueradios.com/.../viewtopic.php?f=1&t=174274
  • www.vinylengine.com/faq.shtml#t30n16300
  • www.vintagesylvania.net/

If you would like to try for an appraisal here are a couple of links. This might give a lot of information but?

antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online

Barneby's charges $17 for an appraisal.

www.barnebys.com/.../

From what I saw on eBay, I'd say $350