Value of the Imperial Edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica?

I have the 15th "Imperial Edition" of the Encyclopedia Britannica dedicated to Ronald Reagan the President of the Uniter States and her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second. I am trying to find out what it is worth, 30 years later. I have the serial 2,068 of 9,999; it's a complete set. We purchased it for 20,000$ in 1991.

This one is asking $1500. www.amazon.com/.../B002UBXJOQ (Affiliate Link)

I believe you would be very disappointed with the amount of money this set would sell for so I hope you have someone to inherit this great set.
I do not believe the actual number (out of the 9.999) will make a difference in the value (unless it was number one).

This is the only listing I have seen but it has a lot of informative information in case you decide to list yours for sale.

www.amazon.com/.../B002UBXJOQ (Affiliate Link)

It is possible this set would bring more money if you had it listed with a large auction house; especially if there was other memorabilia listed.

You might want to check the value with an appraiser and ask their advice about where and when to sell.

www.whatsellsbest.com/.../books.html

I see a number of these on eBay, selling for $200 - $400.

www.ebay.com/.../401808336941

I think I would recommend taking the entire set to a bookseller in the nearest large city. They should be able to give you an appraisal and can let you know where to set the price if you are selling online. Keep in mind that the shipping weight of the books needs to be accounted for. Most sellers seem to include shipping in the price but a few have shipping listed around $150.

Good luck and do let us know what you find out.

I believe your best bet to sell the books or find out the true value would be through a book dealer. If you try listing them online you will not receive a lot of money for these books. At least through a book dealer, you can get a better price for the books. Just keep in mind that the books did not increase in value over the years, but instead decreased in value because all the information now is stored online which makes it easier to update and keep current.

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksOctober 15, 2019
😎
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-the-Imperial-Edition-of-the-Encyclopedia-Britannica.html