Vegan Banana Nut Muffins
I'll be frank. I only made these muffins vegan because we haven't been able to find eggs for weeks where we live. However, they turned out so good, I just might not use eggs to make them again even when I do find some! Bananas and oil make a great team when binded together to make a good muffin. These turned out so great. I'm so happy I had to experiment with this!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 mini muffins
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp canola (or other flavourless) oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- dash salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar to dust, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 F. I used my toaster oven. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Mix in vanilla and oil.
- Stir in the brown sugar until smooth. Mix in a dash of salt.
- Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped nuts.
- Grease the cavities of your muffin tin and pour in the batter. Bake for about 15 minutes. Cool. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!