Vegan Carrot Banana Muffins

This is a go-to food in my house. I make it with zero fat and virtually no sugar and it tastes terrific. I will make a ton of these and they are my breakfast. I got this from an online recipe but I adapted it by replacing the oil with aquafava, and making it into muffins. I also reduce the sugar. I also always double the recipe, so the ingredients I list (save for sugar) are twice what she recommends.

Cook Time: 25 to 35 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 20 or so muffins

Source: adapted from simple veganista recipe

Link: https://simple-veganista.com/carrot-banana-bread/

* From a can of chickpeas; see step 1

1. The easiest way to use aquafaba is to open a can of chickpeas or other beans, drain the liquid, and use that. The liquid of the can is aquafaba. What comes out of a can basically is about 1/2 cup. You can also get aquafaba by cooking dry beans and using the liquid but obviously this takes awhile, and sometimes weird spices go into it.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil 2 muffin tins (or enough to give you at least 20 muffins)
  3. Advertisement

4. Blend dry ingredients together, flour, baking soda, spices, & salt. Set aside.
  5. Blend sugar, aquafaba, & almond milk together.
  6. Start adding wet to dry ingredients but do not overmix (IE mix it by hand and NOT with an electric mixer).
  7. Start adding in banana.
  8. Start folding in carrots.
  9. Add nuts.
  10. Spoon mix into muffin tins.
  11. Cook in oven for at least 20 minutes - usually (and depending on the size of the muffins). You should have to keep them in for at least 30 but best to check to make sure they don't dry out too much. When a stick or knife comes out dry you know you are good.

Food and Recipes Recipes VeganFebruary 22, 2020
🐰
🌻
🍀

VeganRecipes