VeganRecipes

Vegan Mac and "Cheese"

I made this vegan dish for two very important people in my life; my father who literally thinks cheese is poison, and my best friend who is on a vegan journey for health reasons. It's very quick to make. The sauce is done in a food processor or blender in the same amount of time it takes to boil the macaroni. The taste is exquisite. I actually prefer this over regular cheese versions. I hope you give it a try!

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

1. Cook pasta per package directions.
  2. Blend the rest of the ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Start with 1/2 a cup of water while you puree. Add more if needed.
  3. Do a taste test before removing from blender. I decided I wanted a touch more garlic powder and nutritional yeast.
  4. Drain the pasta.
  5. Pour the "cheese" mixture into the bottom of a large serving bowl. Grate in fresh nutmeg.
  6. Toss in cooked pasta. Mix well and sprinkle with cayenne powder, if desired. Serve immediately.

Thank you. I am vegetarian and working on being fully vegan so I am always on the hunt for good vegan recipes. Thank you again ;-)

You are so welcome! Good luck with your journey and let us know how you like this one! :)

Looks terrific, Toosa!

Thanks, Rose Anne!! Now I'm craving it again. :)

Thank you so much for this recipe. I am allergic to milk and have found most dairy-free cheese products taste awful.

I can't wait to try this.

I totally agree with you on that. Let us know how it goes!