- 1 8-oz. can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cups assorted raw vegetables, chopped (broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes and squash are good choices).
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Unroll crescent rolls and do not separate. Place them as a sheet on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F. Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic and dill together and blend well. Allow crescent rolls to cool and spread cream cheese mixture over rolls. Top with assorted vegetables and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cut into squares and serve. This starter is light and flavorful. Even the kids will like it despite the fact that it has so many good veggies. Just don't tell the kids that it is good for them.
Tip: Use low fat or light cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and cheese.
By Connie from Cotter, AR
This is by far the best recipe I have found after months of searching all kinds of sites and recipes. This I know my daughter will love ! Thanks for posting! (01/21/2008)