Very-Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
This is a super delicious cookie that uses more oatmeal than usual, and much less flour. It's versatile in that if you want them chewy, just stack the cookie dough higher on your baking sheet. Like them crisp? Flatten them out. I like them crispy on the outside with chewy middles so I go right in between. Yum!
Make sure you wash and drain the raisins so they are not dried out when done.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 34 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup raisins, washed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, beat the butter until it's fluffy. Mix in the sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together the oatmeal, flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to the wet mixture, then stir in raisins.
- Drop balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then gently flatten. Bake for 11 to 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!