Vinegar Fruit Fly Trap

To catch fruit flies in the house, I keep apple cider vinegar in a couple of 6 ounce jelly jars placed around the house and accessible all the time. I like the jar idea because the plastic is held in place with a jar band. The container is small and can easily be placed in any area of the house.

To make this trap, fill about 1/3 or the jar with apple cider vinegar. Cover it with plastic wrap and screw the jar band on. Punch a small hole in the middle of the plastic on top. Trim off the excess plastic wrap on outside of jar. The fruit fly goes in and can't get out.

I never use plastic wrap, with the lid...The fruit flies, drown in the vinegar, when they take a drink...Try it...it works without the plastic wrap!

Thank you for your comment.

If it's uncovered you have to drop in some liquid dish washing soap to break the surface adhesion of the liquid. Other wise they float and drink and fly away.

If the other method works, I stand corrected.

I found that a rubber band around the top of the jar works just as well as a jar ring. This rubber band came on a bunch of celery.

Home and Garden Pest Control FliesJuly 1, 2015
😷
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Vinegar-Fruit-Fly-Trap-1.html

FliesPest Control