Vinegar to Freshen up a Musty Room

I keep a bowl of white vinegar on my stove to keep cooking odors down. When a closet or room starts to smell musty or stale, I put a bowl of white vinegar on a shelf for a few days. This usually takes care of just about any smell. It was especially good when my son was a teenager.

(You won't smell the vinegar except when you first pour it.)

Source: Personal experience

Good tip! I do this too. Also good in the laundry. I buy by the gallon and use lots.

I use white vinegar in the laundry, in the bathtub, to wash my floors, and to wash fresh fruit! Using it to remove kitchen oder is a great idea. I keep several bowls in the basement by the cat litter boxes.

I have an "upstairs" cat (inherited from an aunt) who refuses to come downstairs and be with the other cat, so her litter box is in an upstairs bath and doesn't get cleaned as often as the one downstairs, which I clean constantly. I keep a bowl of vinegar upstairs in that bathroom

We buy vinegar, two gallons at a time. It gets used for everything from washing veggies and fruit, cleaning glass, counter tops, floors and in the laundry. It's my go to anymore. I'm trying to go greener and this stuff works for almost everything.

Love the idea of using to take staleness out of closets!

" especially good when my son was a teenager."
That brought back memories!!
Marg from England.

Thank you! I have a large walk in closet and there is no ventilation in it and my clothes always smell musty because they are jammed together. I have tried everything, charcoal filters, baking soda, etc. to get the smell out. I am excited to try vinegar.

In These Pages
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsFebruary 10, 2016
🎄
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Vinegar-to-Freshen-up-a-Musty-Room.html