Washing Long Hair

I am 14 and have hair to my waist. I love it, but it can be really hard sometimes. I am trying to keep it long so when I cut my hair, I can donate it. I try to keep it heathly and beautiful. I have read a lot of articles on keeping my hair good. My only concern is how many times I should wash my hair each week?

By Karla G.

I have never had hair this long, but when I did have long hair below my shoulders, I would wash it and set it in rollers every 3rd day. I thought that it got too greasy if I left it longer.

I used to have hair as long as yours! But it's only 1/2 down my back because of maintenance. I too donated my hair to "Locks of Love" but the rumors of money being used wrongly has kept me from doing it again. I keep to twice a week if I can manage it with the products I use.

There is the "Dry Shampoo" out now that is super helpful too, there are affordable brands like Suave out there. If you style it with blow dryers, flat irons etc. use a protectant! You are sweet to do this, someone is going to get their confidence back if they get your hair!