Water Comes Out of Refrigerator Ice Dispenser

I a have a Frigidaire refrigerator. When I push the ice dispenser, water comes out of the water dispenser instead and there is a leak below. Nothing happens when I push the water dispenser. Why?

Please check your freezer temperature. The temperature of your freezer should be zero degrees Fahrenheit. If your refrigerator is operating correctly, then you have a problem with your icemaker or water valve. This could be defective.

This happened to me and my husband fixed it by unloading the freezer a bit because because it was too packed. It might help to empty it and check the temperature settings first.

Sounds like your line could be frozen but you can get a quick answer if you call your local Sears Service Center (Google with your zip code) as they will usually tell you what could be your problem and where to start. They will also have parts if you need them.

There is also a nationwide Sears number to call and they will direct you to someone that can help you find your problem. Sears also has some very good repair videos.

www.searspartsdirect.com/.../FIM100000024445.html

www.searspartsdirect.com/ice-maker-repair.html

Check that the water line fittings are secure and that the water valves are operating.