Freezer Leaking from Hinges Near Ice Maker

I have a 13 year old GE top freezer over fridge. I have water coming out of the top hinge holes which is on the side of the ice maker and the ice maker is no longer filling and I can't figure out how to get in there to see what is happening.

After fixing my 30 year old vacuum cleaner by myself when I got something stuck in the motor, I am all about YouTube for finding self help guides and found you a couple.

I say this with the caveat that I only go DIY if I am OK with the knowledge that if I mess it up worse, I can afford to replace it (basically that my DIY is the last resort before the dump so go for it).

Usually for expensive things that still have life in them I call the pros...this was after a washer fiasco where my DIY dad tried fixing one things and broke something else causing a WAY bigger problem than I started with in the first place.

So with my disclaimer...I found you a couple of videos that may help:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfTQK_lOMo4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmmiskXB06I

Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes!

The first thing I would check for is a block in the drain line.

Most likely the two problems are related. It could be that you have a frozen "block" in the line or there may be gunk blocking the line.
Look at several suggestions and decide what you think looks like your problem before you start your repair.

sometimes when the seal is not working properly the ice maker overproduces beacuse it must work harder to maintain a cooler temperature so that's what's happening. Excess ice means excess accumulation