Frigidaire Ice Maker Leaking Water

I have a Frigidaire SXS refrigerator (FGH2655PF5A) that leaks water from behind the ice maker, which then runs down the back of the freezer compartment and eventually freezes near the freezer fan and obstructs the fan. I have had the ice maker serviced twice and replaced once, but still no fix. It is now out of warranty and Frigidaire is no help. Any ideas on how to determine where the water is coming from and how to correct the problem would be appreciated.

When was the last service call? Often the service calls are guaranteed even if the wararenty on the item is expired.n Our microwave wararenty expired in December. But that October the service tech worked on it and his work was guaranteed for 9 months. He came back 3 times before he got it right.

It doesn't matter that it is out of warranty. It wasn't fixed properly the first time. I would pursue this and go all the way up to the head of the company.

most ice makers have a rubber washer. on the back try taking it out and changing that washer?

It probably has a faulty valve. I would still call them. More often than not, they will want to help you rather than having you as an upset customer.

I had mine checked after warranty with no issues.

I just had a huge water damage is due to icemaker leak. Around 50k worth of house damage. Keep an eye on it and be sure to get it fixed ASAP

Look to c if u have ice buildup in the fill tube coming out of freezer rear wall to Ice maker this can cause splash over, if so then u may have an air leak on back of fridge where water line goes into freezer, if so re deal with silicone, also could b a bad water valve causing valve not to close completely allowing overfill.

Anonymous

I have the same issue with the same unit (also out of warranty). Did you find a solution?