Week 26: Chilled Cucumber and Dill Soup
Here is a fresh way to beat the heat this summer. Serve this elegant chilled soup for as a first course for your next dinner party or as a light lunch.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This soup was inspired by several online recipes and is made with a combination of yogurt and buttermilk. It's fresh, smooth, and bright. This recipe makes a good appetizer any time of the year.
Total Time: 1 hr 30 min prep. and chill time
Yield: 4-6 servings
Source: Inspired by Dr. Ian's Chilled Cucumber Soup, among other recipes.
Link: Dr. Ian's chilled cucumber soup
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/2 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- small bunch fresh dill
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp salt
- plenty of pepper to taste
- Peel, core, and dice the cucumbers.
- Chop the rest of your veggies.
- Lightly chop the dill.
- Put about half of your veggies and liquid ingredients into the blender, then puree until smooth.
- Add the rest of the veggies, liquid, seasoning, and dill to the mixture. Puree until smooth.
- Chill the soup for at least an hour. When you are ready to eat, it will be frothy, like a freshly made smoothie. Just whisk it a little bit to smooth it out. Makes 4-6 good servings.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.