AdviceDogs

What Breed Is My Dog?

How do I know what my dog is mixed with? I know he's half border collie, and they think other might be pit but I don't really see it. I wonder what else it could be?

Karen from Toledo, OH

By Connie (Guest Post)

Looks like it is mixed with Lab.

By jen (Guest Post)

It could be lab but I think it is pit. The broad flat forehead and eyes slightly off center are pit traits. I have to say this puppy looks just like a dog my brother had for years and he was great with kids. Be aware that pits can be owner aggressive (my brothers almost mauled a mailman). He was the best dog as long as my brother was around, but he would not listen to anyone (his girlfriend for example) that was not assertive. Cute pup!

By Janice K. (Guest Post)

I am wondering if he has webbed paws and/or a liver tongue? Looks like a little like a black lab. It would be good to see the tail and shape of the head (profile).

Although it is expensive, around $60, give or take, I have been thinking about finding my dog's breed by buying "BioPet Dog DNA Breed Identification". I am also thinking about buying 2 to give one as a gift.

Search the internet for the best price.
Some reviews love it & some reviews say they don't see the results in the dog's appearance. It does seem like fun, but a tad expensive fun.

By Heather E (Guest Post)

Before I read your post, when I saw the picture I thought to myself that cute little puppy looks like its part pit bull :)

By Joxcermom (Guest Post)

I'd say Pit Bull or Lab- either would be good with the Border collie. To help with aggression problems have him neutered - I loved My pure bred Pit's! He looks so sweet- make sure to socialize with other dogs/cats as much as possible.

Anonymous

I think he is too pretty to be a pit bull.

Too young to tell! But very sweet-looking.

By Lynn T (Guest Post)

When I first saw the picture, I thought Sharpei. Is there a lot of loose skin and/or wrinkles? That would be a tip for Sharpei.

By (Guest Post)

Across the eyes I see Pug.

Very cute puppy! it's hard to say because he's so young, but maybe he's mixed with a lab.

Cute whatever he turns out to be!

We got a dog from the Pound and he looked a lot like yours. I think he has a little black Lab in him. Have fun with him. He's so cute.