AdviceDogs

What Breed is My Dog?

Can anyone tell me what breed these 2 adorable puppies are? They wandered into our yard and appear to be approx. 4 mo. old. They seem well cared for and somewhat trained. I've reported them found to several places, but they need to list them under breed if possible. Thanks for any help you can provide.

By Christie from Tucson, AZ

It's tough at that age to tell since a lot of the known breed features don't really come out until nearly a year old... but if I had to guess Rhodesian Ridge back seems to be predominant in what I can see. The length and shape of the tail, the ears, coat coloring, size of feet and hind quarters, shape of the head. My guess on the other part of the mix would be Lab or Shepherd.

There are so many mixed breeds around these days it's getting so hard to tell, but generating some interesting dogs.
These are nice looking pups. Not what you would typically find just wandering around. Strange that the shelter wouldn't make a guess at their mix. They usually know better than most.

I would guess a mix between Shepard and Rottie. Maybe even lab! They are so cute!

They may very well be microchipped. It's wonderful of you to take care of them while you look for the owner, but you really should take them to a shelter or vet to be checked for microchips. Then you can find the owner right away.

Hello,
I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years. If I had to guess their breed I would say Lab/GoldenRet mix. They look like they have been well taken care of. Please have them checked for a microchip as they might belong to a family that misses them dearly. It is very nice of you to take them in and take care of them. Happy Holidays.

They definitely look like yellow labs.

I'd say Lab/golden retriever mix by the color, ears, size of their paws. They don't appear to have the backward hair ridge down their backs to be a Rhodesian Ridge back. They sure are adorable pups and look healthy and well taken care of. Someone is missing them by their appearance. It's very nice of you to take them in and try to find their owners. God Bless You. People who take that good care of their dogs usually have them micro-chipped. I hope the shelter finds their owners soon.