What Breed is My Puppy?

I was just given a puppy out of the blue. It was some random guy with three dogs and since the puppy didn't let me go, he said I can have it. :)

Any who, I forgot to ask him if he knew what type of breed her mom and dad where.

So, I was hoping someone can help me figure out what type of breed she is by the pictures. She is 2 months, and is very playful.

By Connie from Los Angeles

Looks like a yorkie spaniel mix to me. So cute!

She looks like a Yorkshire terrier cross. She's a cutie. Love her well as I'm sure she will you.

She really looks like a tree walker not too common, but wow really looks like one.

She looks like a Yorkie.

Looks exactly like my Chorkie (chihuahua yorkie mix).

Hello- Connie from LA? Are you still there?

My name is Mel, and I came across this post and the pic of your dog and now I'm trying to reach out to you!

I believe I have the same breed dog as you do; actually I'm almost certain our girls are from the same litter. Please get back to me if you get this message! The location, scenario in which you got your pup, the identical pic, the birthdate/age....there are just way too many coincidences for this to be random.

Anyway-We have had a couple of health "issues" and it would be so nice to exchange emails with you and we find that they are indeed sisters, it'd be so helpful to know if your pup has had any health or other problems. Also would be neat to find out if they still look alike, if they do the same lil weird things (like "thrashing" the toy when they fetch or being very vocal-aka whining- or stretching kinda of weird, almost like a cat with back legs straight and feet pads facing up). Just from the pics and date, I am just sure that our pups are sisters!

We got our dog Neon, who was born on Nov 25th 2013, from a young man who had posted an ad on Craigslist down here in SD. She was only barely one month old when we got her, much too young to be separated from her mother. Knowing that this very young puppy needed special care and most likely wasn't getting it from a kid trying to sell her for $200 on CL... Well this made us determined to rescue her. It was our "sign" that she belonged with us. Anyway, I don't want to divulge an entire essay of specifics if you aren't following this thread or if your email has changed and this message never reaches you. Just please do email me back/message me if you get this! If nothing else, I can provide medical/veterinary info from Neon that we've paid well over $3K for! I'm praying your dog has zero issues, but if she does in the future at least you'd know where to start!

In case you're interested, Neon is turning 2 yrs old in a couple of days, she weighs 12.4lbs (which is slightly thin, I'd love to put 1/2-1 lb on her:) and her favorite things to do are licking mommy's face/snuggling in the mornings, going to the beach to run around really fast and dig/play in the water and meeting new human friends (she doesn't really "get" dogs and doesn't associate with them very much, no butt sniffing or wanting to play at the dog park with other dogs)

Regardless, I hope all is well with you and your fur baby...gosh, wouldn't it be crazy to find the sibling of our random "street puppies" on the Internet?!!

And oh yeah, as for your original question! I was told the pups are 1/2 chihuahua + 1/2 German Shepard (and I saw both bitch and stud) and boy is there a great story on how the 10lb chihuahua stud got the GS pregnant!

Ok-hope to hear back soon! And just for fun here's a pic or two of my baby :) The one of her next to the crate is recent so that's her, fully grown (one of her ears sticks up and the other stays flopped down). The next pic was taken when we first got her, she used to try and sleep in my Ugg boot and I caught her one day looking so freaking cute. Another pic is the original CL ad where we found her (there was actually another ad too but i didn't take a screenshot of the ad, so I don't have a pic). Finally the pic of her with the yellow ducky is her sitting on our bed, at around 5 weeks old. For scale, that toy ducky is about the size of a small prescription medicine bottle. We got her at 26 days old; she was so small she couldn't walk (curbs and feet were just too huge and dangerous), we had to bottle feed her, and she weighed just about 2lb. At our 8 week dr visit she weighted almost 4lbs, and looked EXACTLY like the pic you posted of your pup at the same age/date.

Pets Dogs AdviceFebruary 3, 2014
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-04 10:39:37 in 856 msecs. ⛅️️