What Kind of Bug Is This?

I keep randomly finding these in my apartment. We live in a downtown area in Abilene, Texas. The building is enclosed and very old, but our apartment is super clean. I hate bugs and just want to know what gives.

It looks like a cockroach. Call the landlord.

Omg, I havent seen any adults anywhere, and I only see one of these here and there. Im still letting the office know.

Thank you for your response!

Definitely call the landlord as it should be their responsibility to get rid of them...but to me they don't look like roaches.....they look more like something in the beetle family. Roaches (at least in Pittsburgh, are not this weird color combo, they are solid black or brown and are much bigger than what is pictured).

This is a picture of what Texas roach looks like, which looks like the kind we where I am www.texasmonthly.com/.../

If you need to tell them what it is, bottle one up (jar with lid and bag it in a zip bag) and take it to a hardware store or garden center. They can probably ID it quickly.

Be careful if your landlord wants to use chemicals to kill them that you know exactly what is being used and that the directions are followed. Depending on what they use, you may need to be out of the apartment for a day or to, especially if you have any allergies or breathing problems or if you have pets or small children you need to be extra careful.

Good luck! Let us know what they tell you.

I do not think it is a cockroach but?
It may be some type of beetle but you are doing the right think by contacting your landlord.

I just wanted to suggest you send a photo to your local county extension office as they can tell what kind of bug you have as well as where it might be coming from and how to get rid of it.
Here is a link to help you find your local office:
pickyourown.org/countyextensionagentoffices.htm

It looks like a weevil to me. There are many types.