What Type of Flower Is This? (Crocosmia)

Can someone tell me what type of flower this is?

Thanks for your help.

These are red wildflowers. At first, I thought they were in the Cypress family of flowers because of the way they grow. They also grow very similar to red bird of paradise flowers which there are many varieties of these.

These are from the Gladiolus family- Wild Gladiolus. Here is some info- en.wikipedia.org/.../gladiolus

They look to me like they are in the lily family (via the flowers and the leaves), which has so many varieties.

Where are you located? That may help. Here in PA all of our lilies are in full bloom and lovely this time of year!

I did see something similar at a garden center a couple of weeks ago but I do not remember the name.
It did look like this one - Crocosmia Lucifer - or a variety but not sure that was the name on the container.

Here are some pictures:

www.sandhillnursery.ca/.../bugleweed-ajuga-black-scallop-bjrhg...

www.easytogrowbulbs.com/.../crocosmia-jochem?variant=31581679692

professional.devroomen.com/.../

pallensmith.com/.../

You can always ask your county extension agent as they have information on what is growing in your area.

ask.extension.org/ask

In answer to the question as to where I live, I live in NC
I purchased the bulbs in a packet last year, planted them and had only a few green leaves appear. This year, I have a lot of plants and they're blooming beautifully. I kept the empty packet but can't seem to find it this year. I know I should be more organized with my seed and bulb packets.

I'm afraid we could all use more organization of our plant information but somehow I muddle through with the bits I remember.
I wish you would ask your question on the link as it would be nice if we knew for sure just what it is and what zones it will grow in - outside - as it is very pretty.

Home and Garden GardeningJuly 2, 2020
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Type-of-Flower-Is-This-2.html