What Is This Garden Plant? (Crocosmia)

I would appreciate any help with identifying this plant in a friend's garden. Its flower is a beautiful surprise, she did not plant it, Mother Nature did.

I only have the photo, I don't know how tall it is or anything like that. My friend sent the photo to me, hoping I can help. She loves her flower garden, she is very curious about her lovely addition. Her flower garden is beautiful, picture-perfect! And this new addition fit in perfectly!

She is having surgery today to remove a tumor on a kidney. It would be a nice surprise for her to know the name of this flower. If this helps, she lives in the Pocono area of Pennsylvania.

Thank for your help and information. A prayer for her would be appreciated, too.

It is a variety of crocosmia.

This is a really nice hummingbird plant here in Florida and we call it the lucifer plant. But I guess the real name is crocosmia lucifer - maybe the bright fiery red is the reason. I do not know how it would have just appeared in her garden (since it is corm) unless it was in some other plant she planted.

It generally only grows year round in zones through 9 but I think it will return after after a freeze if it has mulch to protect it.

Here is a link to instructions on care.

www.gardenia.net/.../crocosmia-lucifer

Lucifer, yes-- and so pretty!

www.suttons.co.uk/.../Crocosmia+Plant+-+Lucifer_232041...

Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantJuly 18, 2017
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Is-This-Garden-Plant-44.html

What Is This PlantPlant Info