What is This Flower? (Morning Glory?)

I call this an "orange morning glory" because it behaves and has similar characteristics to a morning glory. It has leaves, seed pods, and seeds like a morning glory, but the size and shape is different.

By nonniebeth from Rome, GA

Best Answer

I've never seen anything like it. If it were white with pink-blush centers, I would say the shape and the size of the flowers look like bindweed; but the color looks like trumpet vine. Need more info to make an identification with any degree of certainty. Can you get a close-up of the leaves (with fingers or flowers for scale), and a more distant shot to show how the plant grows - twining, sprawling, bush, whatever?

By the way, Kansas bindweed is called (or looks a lot like) wild morning glory in Utah, and tie vine in Texas. All have lovely blossoms, on pernicious strangling vines with roots that go to China. :P

I have pink and purple morning glory growing up my porch railing; they do look a lot like your orange flowers, but are easily twice as big.

Hope I've been of some help. :)

I think this is a morning glory, Ipomoea coccinea.

Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantSeptember 24, 2011
😎
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-is-This-Flower-10.html