What Is This Flower?

Can someone identify a plant for me?

By Caralee

Answers

Best Answer

Looks like a Bat Orchid.

Best Answer

Yes, Betty Korn is correct. I did some research and found this and the link
if anyone is interested www.easyorchids.co.uk/.../Tacca-chantieri-Black-Beauty-BAT...

Beauty', Bat Plant
Tacca chantieri 'Black Beauty', Bat Plant

These fantastic tropical plants are not orchids The plants like heat and humidity (like Vanda and Phalaenopsis) and stand approximately 28 inches high! The flowers are deepest purple and are almost black and 8 inches across with 10 inch whiskers dangling down super warm conservatory plants.

Answer this Question

17 More Questions

We saw these growing out of cracks in a parking lot this morning. They are really pretty. What are they?

By lalala... from Port Orchard, WA

Answers

Best Answer

Without going online to make absolutely sure, I'd say the flower is a Sweet Pea.

Answer this Question

Anybody know what this flower is? It is growing on a large, thorny bush. I thought at first it might be a rose bush but the buds are tiny, tiny and very fragrant!

Charlene Woods from Stafford, VA

Answers

By Survivalwoman (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Wild Rose , I grew up in Mid TN and The Smell Wafts across areas the brambles resemble black berry but you will find tiny tatsefull vit c packed rosehips in early to mid winter that have a tart and peculiarly satisfying tatse. (as a child it was like winter candy that grew on bushes)

Answer this Question

What is the name of the white flower in this photo? I purchased the plant at a home improvement store without a tag. It is growing in zone 8, west coast of central Florida, and survived last winter in the ground with minimum mulch. It roots very easily and quickly from cuttings using rooting hormone.

By Donna from Crystal River, FL

Answers

Best Answer

It looks like cat's whiskers to me.

Best Answer

Thanks for your help! Because of the shape of the flower I believe it is "Cat's Whiskers". It roots so easy I started three more pots today!

Best Answer

Orthosiphon aristatus, medicinal herb
Wikipedia : "It has been used for many centuries as a treatment for ailments of the kidney, bladder stone, urinary tract infection, liver and bladder problems, diabetes, rheumatism and gout. It is also used to reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. It is believed to have antiallergic, antihypertensive, anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties, and is used as a remedy for arteriosclerosis (capillary and circulatory disorders).

It has a mild diuretic action, so it is very useful for flushing the kidneys and urinary tract. It also relieves spasms of the smooth muscle in the walls of the internal organs, making it valuable for gallbladder problems. Researchers have found it to be mildly antiseptic as well."

Answer this Question

Can someone tell me the name of this perennial purple flower please?

Answers

Best Answer

I agree, it is a perennial bachelor button, also known as a mountain bluet or Centaurea montana. I love these, there are a several colors available.

Answer this Question

What is this flower please?

Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Alpinia purpurata and Red ginger are the names of this flower, (very possibly).
Google that name, then look in (Images).

Best Answer

Your plant looks like a Red Ginger but you can tell for sure if you research and check the complete plant photos.

• Information from one horticultural site.
  • Red ginger is a tropical plant that does best in areas where the temperatures do not drop below 60 degrees F. Ideally, the plant prefers temperatures consistently above 70 degrees F, in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zone 11 and above. It will die if temperatures drop below 40 degrees F, and will grow poorly in 50 degrees F. Grow in partial or filtered sunlight, but not full sunlight, in moist, rich soil that is enhanced monthly with fertilizer. It may develop chlorosis, a yellowing of the leaves, if grown in poorly draining soil.
  • Here are a couple of links to get your research started:
  • homeguides.sfgate.com/red-ginger-plant-38261.html
  • Dave's Garden has a lot of photos as well as basic information.
  • davesgarden.com/.../
  • If you do not live in Zone 11 (these grow wild in Ft. Lauderdale, FL) and plan to grow your plant in a container then maybe this is a good site to check.
  • www.balconycontainergardening.com/.../312-grow-care-red-ginger
Answer this Question

I would appreciate finding the names of these two flowers. Anyone out there that can tell me? Thanks for taking time to answer. GG Vi

Hardiness Zone: 9b

Vi from Moorpark, CA

Answers

Best Answer

The blue one is a peruvian lily. They're gorgeous, but smell like cat urine if any part of the plant is bruised.

Answer this Question

What is this flower? It's very small, maybe an inch long at most.

Answer this Question

Can anybody tell me the name of this flower? This is the first year it has come up.

By Jamie E

Answers

Best Answer

I think it is a hollyhock.

Answer this Question

I call this an "orange morning glory" because it behaves and has similar characteristics to a morning glory. It has leaves, seed pods, and seeds like a morning glory, but the size and shape is different.

By nonniebeth from Rome, GA

Answers

Best Answer

I've never seen anything like it. If it were white with pink-blush centers, I would say the shape and the size of the flowers look like bindweed; but the color looks like trumpet vine. Need more info to make an identification with any degree of certainty. Can you get a close-up of the leaves (with fingers or flowers for scale), and a more distant shot to show how the plant grows - twining, sprawling, bush, whatever?

Answer this Question

Can you name this plant/flower? It was found in a garden in southern Ontario. TIA

I was given this flower. It spreads like crazy and comes back every year. It closes up in the evening and opens in the morning. The yellow flowers last a week or two.

Answers

Best Answer

Your plant is a primrose. Commonly called Sun Drops. They do spread like crazy but the roots are very shallow so they're pretty easy to thin out. I usually take a shovel and slide it right under the plants in the fall so there's not so many of them the next spring.

Answer this Question

What is this flower? I found it growing along the side of the road in central Florida.

By Donna from Crystal River, FL

Answers

Best Answer

That is Lambs Ear. The leaves should be very furry and soft.

Answer this Question

Attached is a photo of a small shrub I bought with small flowers. Can anyone tell me what it's called?

By lahib

Answers

Best Answer

This is a purple balloon flower. It should be a perennial, meaning it will come back if covered properly over the winter.

Answer this Question

Every place I look I see these beautiful bushes full of yellow flowers (they have several flowers on each branch), does anyone know what they are called? And how would you start one of them?

Thanks you!
Katie from PA

Answers

By (Guest Post)

I believe the bushes you are seeing in the spring are forsythia. I live in Maryland and they are pretty abundant and do well in this climate. They are available at almost any Home Depot, Lowes or a nursery. I like them best when they are kept trimmed. Good luck!
Sheri

Load More
Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantJuly 24, 2015
🎃
🎂
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Is-This-Flower-18.html