What is This Plant? Plumeria (Frangipani)

Category Trees
The plumeria is a flowering tropical tree like plant. The flowers are fragrant and open quite widely, displaying five petals. This is a page about, "What Is This Plant" Plumeria (Frangipani).

I have a plant which has just flowered after 5 years. I have looked after it since the death of my friend, who paid 100 pounds for the plant. Can anyone tell me what it is called?

By Teresa G

Answers

Best Answer

It is a plumeria. The flowers should be quite fragrant. We brought 2 from Hawaii and it took about 5 or 6 years before on bloomed, the other died. Years ago I had one that I managed to grow into a 3 foot tree with multiple branches, then one day the main stem just collapsed.

I tried to hang on to the other branches, but I'm not good with house plants. The one in the photo lasted until this spring and it to fell over and died. They come in a large variety of colors. Just Google it and you'll see yours.

Good luck, they're beautiful. Elizabeth

I think it is a plumeria aka frangipani. If those flowers open up wide to be 5 single petals and fall off 2-3 days later, then I'm right

Home and Garden Gardening TreesApril 11, 2017
📓
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-is-This-Plant-Plumeria-Frangipani.html