What is this Insect?

I live in the South-Eastern US and found this in the bedroom on the carpet. Google lens is saying cicada or in that family or glassy winged sharpshooter or maybe springtail. To me it looks like a moth variety. Additionally, my wife is getting bitten quite often by something we can't seem to see so it is important to ID anything we can find. Oh, yeah. This thing is maybe 1/8-1/4 in. Thoughts?

Sorry, I can't tell what that bug is from the pictures. As far as your wife getting bitten by something you can't seem to see, my bet would be no-seeums. They are smaller that a speck of pepper or a grain of salt or sugar, AND can easily fit right through window screening. They usually swarm by the thousands in late afternoon into evening. They even are attracted to come through screens, when there are lights on or people in a room. I take my screens out and spray them with insect repellent, several times from spring through fall. That way I don't get bit by the nasty little gnats while I read or sleep. If I wake up in the morning with itchy little welts, I know rain has washed away the bug spray, and it's time to spray them again. If bitten, Tender's Afterbite works better than anything else I've used. It comes as a pen-type applicator. Good luck.

That is a moth for sure and not a springtail. When a person gets bit by unknown bugs or bugs you can't see they normally no see-ems and they come out in the summer months. They are very small bugs that come out in the evening hours and when they bit they are painful.

After they bite they can leave a water blister on the skin which is painful and itches all the time. In order to stop them from biting your wife, I would suggest that she gets some mint oil and apply it to her skin in the late afternoon. They hate the smell of the oil and it also makes it harder for them to bite into the skin.

Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsJuly 15, 2020
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-is-this-Insect-7.html