Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Where can I buy laundry bluing in San Francisco? With postage, it ends up costing way too much to buy over the internet. Thank you.

Colleen from San Francisco

Answers:

Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

I've used blue food coloring for years. For our area, it is less expensive than the "bluing". (10/01/2008)

By Mommy

Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Bluing is also used by 4H kids who show cattle to get the white hair whiter than white. Of course, there isn't much of that going on in SF, but perhaps you might find it in an agricultural products store as well. Small town grocery stores have it here in Canada, in the laundry aisle.

The crystals produced for this project are white, and don't turn blue. The bluing turns brown in the chemical reaction, which is rather interesting. (10/03/2008)

By louel53

Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Mrs. Steward's bluing is supposed to be sold in all Kroger store and in all Piggly Wiggly stores in North Carolina. Go to the "Mrs. Steward's Bluing" site and find your state. It will give a list of stores that sell it. (12/31/2008)

By C. Smith