DecorationsHome Decor

Wine Glass Candle Holders

I love to decorate my home for every season and holiday. There are so many items in stores and online to choose from, but I like making a lot of my decor too. One of my favorite things to make are wine glass candle holders. You can buy the glasses at thrift stores for less than a dollar. And items to fill them can be found at any dollar store. These candle holders are fairly easy to make and can really accentuate any area of your home. They'd also make great gifts for any occasion!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 3 candle holders

Source: Pinterest

1. Before filling the wine glasses, I make the covers that will keep the items from falling out. Turn over each wine glass and trace the rim onto a piece of thin cardboard and a piece of decorative scrapbook paper.
  2. Cut out all of the traced circles. Rims are different sizes and it is important for the rim to have the right fit. If you cut out several circles at once, make sure not to mix them up.
  3. Ad
  4. Glue a scrapbook circle onto one side of each cardboard circle.
  5. Now it is time to fill your wine glasses. Place them right-side up. Choose different flowers for each glass. I used pressed blue flowers, butterfly garland, and a colorful lei. Make it how you like it. Use as much or little as you want.
  6. Ad
  7. Now take the hot glue and place it around the rim of each glass. Place a circle on top of each, with the decorative side facing out. It is okay if a little glue runs down because your items will cover most. Make sure to feel around each rim for open spaces. Add more hot glue to finish closing any holes.
  8. You can add ribbon or glitter around the rim using hot glue or mod podge. You can also use glitter glue. I chose hot glue because it is faster and I like how it looks. Give the glue a minute to dry and cut off any strings or globs.

Flip your wine glasses upside down and place a candle on top of the stem, as shown in the main photo.
  9. Ad