Wisteria Photos

Category Garden
Wisteria is a vining, flowering plant member of the legume family. The draping clusters of purple flowers are quite fragrant. It is typically grown as a woody vine, but can also be trained as a standard or small tree. This page contains wisteria photos.

Pets

Share Your PhotoCheck out these pets shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

Our wisteria was especially pretty this year. The bees love it. This was a lucky shot as the bees hardly stay still long enough to get a picture!

bee on a wisteria

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Here is a closeup of wisteria blooms. It is not a very good picture, really. It means a lot to me, though. I grew this plant from seed. It is not unusual to have a 15 year wait period between seed and bloom. A good reason to start wisteria from cuttings rather than seed.

Blooming Wisteria - purple wisteria blooms

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

When moving to our old farmhouse we bought this wisteria as a tiny, single branch with the hope of seeing the beautiful flowers and smelling their lovely scent one day. Some doubted it would ever grow, but it has flourished on our old farm land, much to the delight of us all when we look out our window!

wisteria in bloom

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

My wisteria has finally bloomed. It took 3 years before it decided to hang beautifully on my arbor.

Closeup of blooming wisteria.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

This is my Wisteria that is in my backyard. It has been shaped and trimmed for the last twenty years. Last year I cut it way back and it was worth it because it was loaded with blooms this year.

wisteria

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Most of y'all know me by now. I get on a roll and it's hard to get off. I couldn't resist yet another wisteria photo.

Another Wisteria Photo - beautiful wisteria flower

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

A spectacular purple haze. This is the second year to bloom and it did a wonderful job.

Garden: Wisteria

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a wisteria vine that I put out next to a utility pole in our back yard and the plant just took over the pole.

Wisteria In Bloom

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Photos GardenFebruary 15, 2017
🎃