Making an Upcycled Water Jug Gift Basket
Recycled crafts are very popular, good for the planet, and help to save you money on supplies. Upcycle a plastic water bottle into a gift basket that then only needs to be filled with the items especially chosen for your recipient.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Don't have a gift basket? You can make one with an empty gallon jug and with items you may have around your home if you shop online!
I make friends, family, and co-workers gift baskets with items I coupon as gifts! I usually stock up on gift baskets at the end of Easter for 90% off, but I am completely out.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- empty gallon bottle
- tissue paper
- cellophane paper
- X-acto knife
- Peel label off. Then draw line marking how big you want your gift basket to be. Then proceed to carefully cut with an X-acto knife.
- Ready to wrap your basket with cellophane paper. Secure down with tape.
- With any tissue paper (I recycled from online orders), cut into 2 rectangular pieces and then stuff into the gift basket.
- Add your gifts into the basket.
- For finishing touches - I used wire edged ribbon and tied a bow.
- Lastly with left over packaging I received online (bubble wrap), I cut out a heart and wrote happy birthday.
August 8, 20180 found this helpful
Nice reusing! I like it!
August 14, 20180 found this helpful
Thanks :) reusing is awesome