Uses for Juicer Pulp

Category Helpful Hints
There are a variety of uses for the fibrous juicer pulp that might otherwise go to waste. This guide is about uses for juicer pulp.

When juicing, save the pulp and freeze to add to baked goods later on.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Juicing is great and healthy but I always try to find some way to get 'double duty' from all the processed veggies left over from my juicer afterward.

I found adding the ground veggies to my homemade soups (like my homemade onion soup pictured here) tasted great and added more veggies/nutrients and fiber to the soup, making it even hardier.

I also added the ground veggie remains to my crockpot spaghetti sauce.
It thickened it up without needing to add tons of meat and made it pack more healthy vitamins and fiber.

The ground up veggies don't really add any heavy veggie taste either and I even had fruit in my juiced remains. So it's a great way to get more veggies into your kids too!

Other ways to use the pulp from juicing. I feel it is a sin ;) to just toss away the good leftovers from veggies and fruits so I am kinda making stuff up and if it's good, I send it in to share.

Here are my two recent additions (if they are duplicates of somebody else, forgive me).

Veggy Meatloaf Casserole

I mixed together hamburger, beaten eggs, crumbled crackers, seasonings and my pouch of parsley, celery, carrots, beets, cabbage and apple pulp. You can layer cooked meatloaf, green beans, topped with mashed potatoes.

Variations: Add cheese, peas, sour cream. Very yummy!

Fruity Coffee Cake

In a 9x12 inch casserole dish, I layered my pouch of papaya, mango, peach, and pineapple pulp then spread a simple coffee cake recipe batter over the top, sealing in the edges. I topped with the crumbly topping and nuts and baked. This tasted like a peach cobbler. Hope you enjoy.

I just wanted to share some ideas, not enter the contest.

By badkittyts from Phoenix, AZ

Editor's Note: Thanks, badkittyts for the great recipes. Let us know about any tasty new ideas you have. Here is another post about using the pulp leftover in your juicer.

I use a juicer daily to give my body the nutrition it needs/deserves which leavers me with a lot of extra pulp/fiber that I didn't know what to do with at the end of the day. I hated throwing it away so I bury it in my organic garden and it helps my vegetables grow better than ever! Happy Gardening.

By Dawn Csernai from Austin, TX

Answers:

Uses for Juicer Pulp

Add to fruit pulp to yogurt to add some fiber. (01/02/2009)

By bill

Uses for Juicer Pulp

I have an absolutely excellent recipe for juicer pulp.

• 3 cloves of garlic
  • 2 Tbsp. of flax seed meal
  • 1/2 cup almonds, ground to a fine powder
  • pulp from juicer (almost anything works)
  • seasonings of your choice (Old Bay, Steak rub, be creative, works with almost anything that you like)

Combine all ingredients in a food processor, roll into a very thin "dough", and dehydrate at 105 degrees for 12 hours! The resulting crackers are wonderful, very high fiber, and will bust a hunger pang in a second. Eat a few, drink some water, and you're not hungry anymore. Loaded with fiber, obviously! (08/17/2009)

By Randy