Giving Services as Gifts

When it comes to birthdays and holidays, sometimes people are strapped for cash. In those instances, my family gives "services" for gifts.

For example, my Mom knew I wanted to repaint a very large room in my condo that would take me a long time to paint alone or be very expensive if I hired someone to do it. Since my Mom is a very experienced painter, her birthday gift to me was assistance painting that room.

On my parents' birthday, I have handmade "coupons" and placed them in their birthday cards for a free hand car wash and wax because I know that is something they don't like to do themselves.

I'm sure everyone has a skill that a family member or friend would greatly appreciate more than a material gift.

By Petfinder