Use some marbled pink cardboard, double-sided glitter scrapbook cardboard, and a few odds and ends to make a Valentine's card for your loved one.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 8.2 inches x 5.7 inches pink marbled cardboard
- 1 sheet of double-sided glitter scrapbook cardboard
- one die-cut message tag
I used a tag with the message "hugs and kisses".
- 12 inches of 0.3 inch pink satin ribbon
- 3d self-adhesive foam squares
- a pair of standard scissors
- a pair of pattern edged scissors
- Stanley knife (utility knife)
- quick-drying glue
- heart-shaped cookie cutter
- sheet of ordinary soft pink paper
- matching envelope
- Fold the 8.2 inches x 5.7 inches marbled cardboard in half to create a card 5.7 inches x 4.1 inches ~ use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Cut two pieces sized 3.6 inches x 5.4 inches from the glitter scrapbook cardboard. Take one piece and glue it to the front of the card with the striped side facing up, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Take the second 3.6 inches x 5.4 inches piece of glitter cardboard and cut it slightly smaller with the pattern edged scissors. Then, position the cookie cutter in the middle of this piece of cardboard and trace around the edges. Use the Stanley knife to cut out the heart.
- Glue it to the front of the card with the flowered side facing up, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Frame the card at the top and bottom with the satin ribbon and cut off any protruding pieces.
- Create a 3D effect for the die-cut message tag. Use the self-adhesive foam squares to lift the tag off the background.
- Use the cookie cutter to trace another heart from the glitter scrapbook cardboard, and cut this heart out with the pair of standard scissors.
- Add self-adhesive foam squares to the back of the heart, and glue it in place on top of the first striped heart.
- From the sheet of ordinary soft pink paper, cut a piece size 3.6 inches by 5.4 inches and glue it to the inside of the card to write a message.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.