Poor Man's Insoles

If your feet hurt and you need new shoes or different ones, try this tip! Place your foot on some cardboard and trace them (both feet separately). The hardest part is cutting them out. If you use different variations of corrugation (thickness of cardboard), you will get different results. Some cardboard may be too thick and some too thin. But the stronger stuff makes wonderful foot comfort!

How long they last will depend on your job, foot sweating, and whether you step in water, but just watch for more cardboard. I have used some a year or more!

When you need foot relief, and don't want to pay for COSTLY inserts, try it. Works when there's no stores around too!

By Flintmoonwitch from Flint, MI

My husband needed a quick pair of insoles for his worn work boots, looking around I used a pair of fairly worn soft flip flops. Cut them down to fit inside his boots..boy are the comfortable now, his feet are not much bigger than mine so the boots now also double as yard shoes.

Hey, this isn't the Great Depression! Cut insoles out of an old wool blanket - the edges are usually pretty thick. They are warm, breathable, and long lasting, especially if you sew two together.

When I was a child in the 1940's we walked almost everywhere to school, the movies, the library, to stores, to visit friends. When I got a hole in the bottom of a shoe my father would do just that, cut out cardboard to cover the bottom of the shoe until we could get to a shoemaker for resoles or buy new shoes. LOL

I've read different solutions and I like this the best. My insole is cloth thin and sewing that onto a cardboard cutout allows me to then glue the cardboard vs the cloth to my boot. Perfect. Other premade insoles actually made the boot tighter.